Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shadow Boxes.



*As with all of my photos, click on it and you will see the very large version and can check out the detail.




Beautiful shadow boxes, filled with whimsical objects. I adore having an excuse to buy little pieces of fluff that can be put in these shadow boxes. Op-shops have provided me with most of what you see in the boxes. But some were made, gifted and kept from childhood, both mine and my husband's. There are also little Rowntree/Hoadley ceramic dolls that used to come with sweets long, long ago. I admired these at a doll museum in Clunes and just two weeks after my visit, I received a little package in the mail. The generous curator had sent me two that had been found in the ruins after the factory had burned down. They are charred and gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Schooline bears and the Lisa Larson boy with the cat. Where did you get them?
    I love classic wooden toys. Check out my blog http://designerwooden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Schooline bears were a gift from my husband and the Lisa Larson boy was a happy find from our local Op-shop and I payed about $2 for it.

    ReplyDelete