Monday, March 21, 2011

What's in the Sorting Tray?


These beautiful compartment plates make great sorting trays for our 15 month old. He loves to see what I have put in them, takes stuff out, puts things back in, exchanges items. Sometimes I will put an apple or some fruit in one of the compartments and I love to see him discover it and enjoy eating. Always careful to put in stuff that is safe and bite-able, unbreakable and not precious. I can't believe that these lovely wooden, hand crafted trays only cost me a few dollars at op-shops and fetes.

Above is a sorting tray filled with shells, fossils and a thunder egg. A little pottery face is in there too.
A sorting tray filled with various spinning tops in wood, paper and glass. These make a beautiful display as well as an exciting play stop.


In one of the trays I have placed some pretty tin eggs that the Easter Bunny delivers his choc in. Getting close to Easter, so they are wheeled out to herald in the season.


There is an ebony bell, a little felt face made by our daughter, a wooden spinning top and a Cowrie shell in the sorting tray this week. This is the tray I have set aside for our baby to play with.



No comments:

Post a Comment