Thursday, April 21, 2011

NQR is QR by me.

Well I am a bargain junkie and every time I go into NQR, I wonder why oh why I've only just discovered this little grocery treasure trove. You know I think I was an NQR snob, thinking that everything in the shop would be dinted, missing labels, over the use-by date, bad quality or just rejected food from real shops. I've had my eyes opened and now I'm a convert.
Admittedly you have to shop with a discerning eye, but I never fail to find a little gem and some items I only buy there, like my Australian extra virgin olive oil that is divine. Take a look at what I have found recently at my local NQR, all well within the use-by date and all delicious.

Above: Lovely Organic chocolate.
Above: King Island yoghurt lots of use-by and about half the usual price, Canadian blueberry and Maple syrup; very cheap and fantastic on pancakes. Free-range ham, Jamie Oliver spice mix, Organic sugar-cane lollies, My gorgeous olive oil (love the label too) and some Ponzu soy sauce which is delicious and makes a great Japanese salad dressing. Oh and some yummy coated peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment